Sunday, January 3, 2010

Welcome 2010!!

Wow! What a difference a year makes!! This time last year, we were months into 'the diagnosis', without a plan, and unsure of what our next steps should be. We had been to Cancer Treatment Centers of America (in November), only to be turned away, then sent to M.D. Anderson (in December), and we were waiting on their 'treatment plan'...I was feeling anxious, scared, and quite honestly, as the New Year was being celebrated, I wondered how many New Year's Derek and I would face together.. BUT that was THEN!! This is NOW...as we celebrated this New Year, I felt so full of HOPE!! I felt tremendous peace. I realized that I lost something in 2009 that won't be joining me in 2010...FEAR! I am so hopeful that this is the year that we will see cancer eliminated from Derek's body!! Keep praying, we are very excited to see what the February PET Scan reveals!!
~This is going to be a great year!!
May 2010 bring nothing but blessing your way!!
Misty

1 comment:

  1. Derek and your family are in my prayers every day. I know in my heart this year will be a year for celebration.

    Debbie Patterson/Cody Miller

    ReplyDelete