Friday, January 15, 2010

Slowly, But Surely Beating Cancer Butt!

Hi Dear Ones!
I felt it was time to give a quick update. God is more than good to us. Things are going well...we are continuing the treatments that we began in November at Camelot Cancer Care in Tulsa. I administer the daily drip treatments through his Picc line, and I change his dressing every seven days. If you know me at all, you know that I have an extreme fear of needles (a phobia I've had since childhood)! I hate needles, syringes, IV's, and I become very weak, even to the point of passing out (a time or two) at the sight of blood!! So...most of these things are COMPLETELY out of my COMFORT ZONE! However, I can tell you (TESTIFY!), that God has given me a supernatural strength to get through this time. I can also, honestly say, that I absolutely love taking care of Derek in this way. I count it an absolute joy to walk this path with him and to feel like I have a part in his healing! We have become such a great team over this past year. Derek continues with the supplements, juicing, diet, and enemas. I help him with the juicing, supplements and meals, where I can. We are blessed that Camelot staff has come up with a wonderful plan for kicking cancer booty and long term health for Derek. A plan that hasn't completely taken over our lives. Derek continues to work and feel great! The treatments do require time, effort and energy..but are not a hassle at all and I know things could be so much worse! I feel such thankfulness, to God, for the path in which He has so obviously led us!! I can so clearly see God's hand in every step that we have taken over this past year and three months and His provision throughout is nothing short of overwhelming!! Just as we run out of a treatment bag, God's unexpected provision shows up, yet again...in the most amazing ways!! The director, Maureen, and staff at Camelot are amazingly generous (outright GIVING on more than one occasion) and will literally work every angle to provide us with the treatments needed to finish this fight. They absolutely have gone above and beyond for us. Even to the point of offering to drive the three hours from Tulsa to us, here in Texas, when our transmission went out on the van. That is right! John, from the clinic, offered to make the six hour, round trip to bring us the supplies and treatment bags! Instead, our buddy, Troy, who lives up near Tulsa and is working in our area, delivered the bags! Thanks Troy ! The financial help from friends and family is amazing every time..in that God's timing is perfect!! It never fails (His love never does!) that a need arises and the EXACT amount comes in the mail from an uncle or cousin. So many have blessed us! Thanks for being God's hands! We have another PET Scan in February, to see how much more of the tumor is dead (I hope the whole thing will be dead!), so please keep us in your prayers!
God bless!
~Misty

2 comments:

  1. way to go team! Glad to hear it is going well. Still praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing Misty!!! I praise the Lord for the miracles that he is working in you and Derek! Can't wait to hear the PET Scan results - I know they will be good news!!!

    ReplyDelete