Monday, June 15, 2009

Digging in our heels and PUSHing- (Praying Until Something Happens!)

I have had such marvelous support and encouragement throughout this, and I just thank God for it! All of you out there, praying for and supporting us, really mean the world to us. The past few weeks I've been particularly blessed by three really special friends...on facebook, of all places!!

One friend simply said, "STAND! When you have done all.....STAND!" So, Karla, I am!!

Our God is certainly able....I am unmoved~ Daniel 3:16-18~ Shadrach, Meshack, and Abednego answered and said to the king, "O Nebuchadnezzar, we have no need to answer you in this matter. If that is the case, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us from your hand, O king. but if not, let it be known to you, O king, that we do not serve your gods, nor will we worsip the gold image which you have set up."

While chatting with a pastor friend, a while back, he brought me to those verses. He showed me that Rack, Shack and Benny (ok... I'm using the "Veggie Tales" names, for my purposes!) were a wonderful example of how we should pray. Our God IS ABLE to deliver us and we believe He WILL, but even so....come what may, we will continue to worship Him and to praise Him, because HE IS WORTHY! We will not bow our head to circumstances. We will not be moved. (Thanks Dr. Haney~Derek and I were talking about how great God is to have the pastor that I had such admiration for, from my youth camp, ministering w/in 30 minutes of where we live! We think it is just super cool of Him! And for such a time as this!!! God is too good!! I know Parkside is certainly blessed!)


P*U*S*H ~Pray Until Something Happens!!~ While reading the blog of a friend (Thanks, Ronnie!! "Arrington Family News"), I felt so inspired and challenged! She was blogging about the unity of the church body and how we are to encourage and pray for one another. She was telling about a book she was reading with the acronym P*U*S*H, Pray Until Something Happens. She wrote, " I want to be so enfolded at the throne of the Father that I won't leave until something happens!". I was so struck by that statement! Her words challenge me! What I felt in my spirit, was ...'I'm not moving unless it is forward!' I should be PUSHing forward. I need to dig in my heels and STAND firm! I am not budging! We need to PUSH (pray) through these situations and circumstances. We should not allow circumstances to knock us backwards on unsteady feet... I'm digging in my heels and I'm going to STAND firmly planted until I can PUSH forward!! Now, I know that this all sounds very simplistic, but to me...it was just such a revelation!! So, we are PUSHing forward. We are Praying Until Something Happens!! Please join with us to PUSH on through!!

PUSH!

Misty





1 comment:

  1. What a testimony Misty! God is so good and sends us the lessons we need RIGHT when we need them. I am so thankful for the way you encourage me when I am down and for how we have reconnected even if it is through Facebook - God is able to use technology to teach us!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete