Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Total Surrender...

I'm not there yet, but God isn't finished with me:)

I am feeling so at peace tonight, almost unexplainable peace. Derek told me today that he does not want to go back to MD Anderson. He does not have peace at all about receiving treatment there, nor does he have peace about the treatments that they have recommended. We have been talking about this for some time, now, and I pretty much knew that this was coming. So today when he told me this, I was not surprised. I have to be honest, a while back when I could tell that he was leaning this way, I was a bit nervous. In the natural, MD Anderson, seems like the logical choice. BUT we have to go with where and what we have peace with, and conventional is not for us. I know exactly why he is choosing to go alternative. I understand completely, and I could probably explain it here and some would understand, and some may not. It's his body, yes it effects us all, and bottom line ~ it is his choice. Now...let me reiterate, he IS receiving treatment. It just will not be at MD Anderson. I AM NOT SPEAKING OUT AGAINST DOCTORS, MD ANDERSON, CHEMO, OR RADIATION. These are personal choices for every patient to make for him/herself. I do not begin to try to know what is right for anyone else. EveryBODY is different. Every one's body reacts differently to different medications, protocols and what not. This is not the way for some, not the way for all, but this is however the way for Derek. To do anything other than what he has peace about would be going against his convictions and I believe would be counterproductive. I realize this will not be the popular choice and might frighten many loved ones. Please keep in mind that Derek is making decisions as a husband and a father. There are countries out there winning the war against cancer. There are countries out there CURING cancer...and America is not one of them. In America, we TREAT the symptoms of cancer, and neglect the immune system (which must be intact to fend off sickness). In places like, Japan, Germany, Mexico and the Bahamas they are having incredible success against cancer. Most of these treatments offered overseas or elsewhere can be received in some places in the US. You have to look to find them, however. If this is what will give us the best chance for a longer life together..I'm all for it!! We both believe it is. Derek is a researcher, and once he has made his mind up about something, there is no changing it!!! I have been praying a lot of things, really, since this began..one thing I have continually prayed for is wisdom for both Derek and I. God in His word, in the first book of James, tells us that if we ask for wisdom that God will grant it. I believe He has.

Here is a website that gives some information on different protocols that Derek believes in: http://www.cancure.org/choiceoftherapy.htm if anyone is interested, or he does not mind answering questions.

It has taken me a short time to get to this place, the same place as Derek. I am here now. I have asked God that if what Derek has chosen is right, to show me as well. Here is why this is so important: aside, from the fact that we are one, no matter how things go, I must have peace. We both should have peace. We want to live with no regrets, no what ifs. We are one minded.

We are excited about how God is moving in our lives. We know that God has a purpose and has provided. There is provision in it all...in the way Derek was created, in medicine, in nutrition, in the wisdom He has given to man and the benefits we receive in knowing Him. Psalms 103 talks about the benefits of Knowing the Lord, it says, "Bless the Lord, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, And forget not all His benefits: Who forgives all your iniquities, WHO HEALS ALL YOUR DISEASES, Who redeems your life from destruction, Who crowns you with loving kindness and tender mercies, Who satisfies your mouth with good things, so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's." AMEN!!

We ask that you continue to keep us in your prayers. We cannot put into words, the strength and encouragement we receive from the unified prayers of others. We have been so extraordinarily blessed by our "Christian family", people that we may not know, but that continue to petition the Lord, on our behalf. Some of you who are praying for us, I may not meet, in this life. However, we are in the same "family" :). I love you all!!

Derek wants each of you to know: 1. He feels your prayers!! 2. He feels better than ever, health wise! Certainly not like a man with cancer:0) 3. He wants to focus on the Healer not the healing:) (I must admit, I struggle with that one, myself, because I want it done!!) It is my husband's heart that God be glorified, above all!!

Anyway, I could go on and on, but I will close for now. I am blessed! I am blessed by a God that loves me enough to send His son as my ransom. I am blessed with a God-fearing husband. I am blessed with four healthy children, and I am blessed with friends and family that love and support us. (Again...I consider those of you who do not know us, yet continue to lift us up in prayer ~FAMILY!!!)
We pray God's richest blessings for each of you in the year 2009!!
Love always,
Misty and Derek
PS..We have two Alternative clinics in mind (that we had found on our own)...and then a reference to both from a doctor that we trust (at his suggestion once we told him that alternative is the route we want to take). We will keep you posted:)

4 comments:

  1. You guys continue to be in our prayers. I pray that God will bless the decision and that you will continue to listen for His voice. God does amazing things, beyond our comprehension. I pray that will be the case here. We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Misty! I love you guys so much! That was an awesome post and I'm sooo glad and happy about the news it brought. Thank you for updating us...May the peace continue beyond all understanding...love you with all my heart...Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Misty - What an encouraging post for you to write. You are right to support Derek - not only because it is his body but more importantly because he is your husband and you are submitting to him. I have told you all along that the Lord would use this to bring glory to His name - this is one more step toward that end. The LORD can and will heal Derek - if HE choses to use Doctors than great but HE IS THE HEALER and can do MORE than we can imagine. What a great testimony...

    Ronnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. My precious friends,
    I thank God for each of you. You inspire even in your challenges and I am blessed by your faith. Misty, Thank you for supporting Derek. Thank you for trusting God to speak to him. I love you...I love who you are, and your beauty shines inside and out. God is doing and amazing work there. I am thankful for Derek. I am thankful for the spirit God created in him. He is fearfully and wonderfully made, and the stubborness that some will stumble on will be the thing that allows to stand firm even in this trial. I AM BLESSED TO CALL YOU BOTH MY FRIENDS. I LOVE YOU. I am praying, and believing. I know that Rapha-healer- is going to heal my friend, and that Abba father will hold you all in His tender hand as He does it. May He continue to pour peace on you...peace that the world does not understand...and points us all to Him.
    I will see you soon.

    ReplyDelete