Sunday, December 28, 2008

Anonymous Giver



We hope that each of you had a very merry Christmas.


I'm at a loss as to how to even begin this blog. I have something so amazing to share and I want to do the story justice, but I'm not sure that I can so ...I'll just tell it like it happened.

Derek was called in for over time Christmas Eve morning, from 12 am until 8 am. The kids and I stayed up late the night before watching Christmas movies, so Christmas Eve, the kids and I slept in while Derek was heading home from work. I was still asleep at 8:30 am when the doorbell rang. The dogs were in the house because of the cold, and they were barking, so I looked to see who it was. It was some man that I did not recognize and instead of inviting him in and trying to put the dogs up, I just decided to step outside onto the front doorway. He was holding an envelope with "Pressley" written in big letters on it. I was groggy, in sweats, had bed hair and bad breath!! He was telling me that he was the president of a local bank and that someone had made a large donation in our name. He handed me the envelope and went on to tell me how we could cash this check. I was still not fully awake when I peeked into the envelope and saw that the check was for $5,000!!! I asked him who did this, he told me that he could not tell, that it was someone who knew we had hit hard times and wanted us to have a Merry Christmas!!! I stood there stunned, and I'm not even sure if I told that sweet man "THANK YOU!" I came in, balled and called Derek ...scared him at first because I was crying and he thought something was wrong with one of the kids or an animal...hahaha!!! We do not even have the name or names of who we can thank for this HUGE blessing!!! It is obviously from someone that wishes to stay anonymous, but we know that God knows. It is our prayer that God blesses this giver or givers, and I know he will. We have been blessed financially by so many people the past few months, aunts and uncles, friends and family, who have sent us money that we could never repay!!! We pray for blessings upon those who have blessed us, not just financially, but also through prayer and encouragement! My cousin who drove through ice to get here to take care of our children, and my aunts who took care of her baby, so that she could be here. A Sunday school class here at the Methodist Church gave us a gift card! The National Honor Society students delivered gifts for my kids! My Uncle's work has an auction for children every year during Christmas, and this year they added my kids names to the list. I could go on and on about the blessings, some financial and others words of encouragement! Here's what I know, just the same as it is a law that what ever goes up must come down (the law of gravity) it is a Biblical principal, that what you sow you reap. Those who have sown into us, I know that they will reap. Derek and I pray for it and the Bible says it is so! God is Good!! He continues to show us His love for us. He uses others. We are blessed by sweet willing vessels, instruments of His grace and mercy being poured out to us. I mean, we are not desolate or anything, but ...things have been tight. Going back and forth to doctors, then Tulsa, and Houston and co-pays, supplements and then four kids who get sick as well; it's just been a bit tight. God supplies all our needs according to His riches in Glory!!









1 comment:

  1. Misty - God id good all the time! We had a similar situation happen to us awhile back and still do not know who blessed us in such a way.I am soglad there are people there to help and bless you in these special ways! We continue to lift your family up in prayer. Ronnie

    ReplyDelete